Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 10...Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?



Choosing 1 decision would be impossible...

Spiritually: 
-We allowed our teenager to attend Camp Qwanoes(youtube video) and serve there for 5 weeks!  These weeks have proven to be life changing for him.

-We've also started regular family devotions and prayer time after dinner each night.  This has brought us together for much needed family time in our busy lives.  Our devotions give us something positive to discuss.  The real neat thing is that we all seem to have a different 'take' on each theme...which makes for interesting conversation.  Through prayer time, 'a burden shared is a burden spared' and we can leave our worries to the one who's in control!

Mentally:    
-5 weeks without a teen in the house was a nice mental retreat!  Everyone enjoys a holiday from their regular work; I felt I was rested, refreshed, and ready to move forward come pick-up time!

-Being a stay at home mom for 15 years was well worth it but...this summer our boy turned 15...it was time for me to get out of the house. A person can only do so much house work...So, I took a first aid course and handed my application in to the school for substitute work.  This little job has been rewarding on many levels! I've been forced out of my comfort zone( in a good way) and daily hugs are a highlight! 

Family:
-Counselling; the realization that you've run out of 'tools' and have no clue as to what to do next was a humbling experience! Before we had kids, we were the perfect parents...we had everything figured out so well and then real life threw us for a loop! Learning, growing, and moving forward have been the result and only after a few sessions! 
Physically:
-Dietary changes(no red meat, no bread) have made us feel healthier.
-(and mentally)Spending more time outside was a must do!  I love being outside and in doing so,  I feel more alive!  The peace, the sights and sounds of nature, the exercise, the fresh air...does wonders for my mind!!

Financially: 
-We've sold some things and purchased some things, we've donated more; we have extra money in our pocket because of it!  We've talked a lot about our financial position, set some goals, and have a focus...it's exciting to be on the same page!    

Creatively: 
-Reverb10.com was found at such a timely moment.  Deep down I was feeling sad about not spending any time writing; something that I love so much!  I let 'self-condemnation' direct my path...'perfection' rather than 'authenticity' seemed to keep pen from paper. Since summer, I've had a few different people make comments about my writing and the lack of so here I am, on this journey, fingers to key board...expressing my thoughts...practising the art of  authenticity. 

Imperfection is beauty,
madness is genius,
and it is better to be
absolutely ridiculous
than
absolutely boring

-Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment