Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2...What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing--can you eliminate it?

Facebook Login. 
0Find Your FriendsFriend Requests.No new requests.See All Friend Requests 0Send a New MessageMessages.Christine !on Sunday.Jen Not sure if you got this yet... Thankslast Friday.Christine Thinking of you... thanks sista'! you too :)last Friday.See All Messages 0 unread1Notifications.Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone commented on their post.4 hours ago..Chelsea and Valerie commented on Shannon status.13 hours ago..Angie , Virginia , and 2 other friends commented on your status.16 hours ago..Deb  likes your comment: "Very cool!"21 hours ago..Andrea  and Amanda commented on Monica  status.21 hours ago..See All Notifications




Email:.
Password:.

Keep me logged in

Set Facebook as my home page
or Sign up for Facebook.


Elimination?  A part of me hates face book and a part of me is sucked right in; curiosity has killed this cat.  I started off with rules for myself which I broke all too soon!  With some people, it is very evident that they are using this service to personify someone they're not and I'm left asking myself "who was that?  This isn't the person I know?"  But for some dang reason, another part of me LOVES it and frequently throughout the day, I find myself being called, being pulled like a magnet to log on and just 'check' if some one's left me a message or changed their profile or left some super duper fabulous comment that may be life changing or simply just to find out the little things like about my nephew and how he's really sick, or that the ski hill in Fernie is open early. (not that this info does me any good) Out of convenience, it is far easier to post (and I'm just as guilty with the super duper comments) on FB than it is to pick up the phone and dial two hundred and something numbers...depending on how many friends you have!  Phone calls seem to be an 'old-fashioned' thing of the past...which I miss...familiar, human, voice!

Elimination?  I'd like to say 'yes' but reality says 'no way, not completely...I love the connection!'  With any addiction(loosely defined: a person who is unable to stop...person devoted to something-English dictionary) its going to take a whole lota re-focus, re-prioritizing,  and reflection.  It takes approximately 22 days to break old habits and create new ones; I'll need this time to mull over how I want to fill my days!  Maybe I don't have to give up FB completely, maybe it's as simple as  fine-tuning my balancing act!

In a final thought, to be fair, I shouldn't be blaming FACE BOOK ...it boils down to 'CHOICE' and what I choose to do with my time!

"What we love to do we find time to do."
                       -John Lancaster Spalding

1 comment:

  1. You are right! It's not because Facebook is the devil, it's how you choose to use your time on it wisely and healthily :) good luck and I hope you are able to devote more time to your writing now that you know the things that prevent it! xoxo thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete