Monday, February 6, 2012

Reminisce 2011

1. What did you do this year(2011) that you’d never done before?
Coached a team...Dragon Boat
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
I usually don't make resolutions!  I believe if you truly want to change, you will set your mind to it and do it regardless of the day. This year, I did sit down and take 'inventory' of my life and will be making some changes, though!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Nope!  But there were a few babies born in the Church...well, not in the Church but to the families in Church.
4. Did anyone close to you die? 
We weren't very close but they are family...Uncle Bill, Aunt Mary, and Boston
5. What countries did you visit?
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Phoenix, AZ(lay-over)
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this one?
More days without back pain, more sunshine, more laughter, more fine chocolate, more wine:)
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August28-Teuvo turned 16...yikes, where did the time go!? December 19-Teuvo passed his learners test, Campbell River dragon boat festival-placed 3rd(our first regatta), a one-night-er...much needed trip to visit my friend in Comox.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Besides sitting in front of 20 women, yelling at them and bossing them around coaching, I'd have to say biking with my girlfriend out to Telegraph Cove and back (50km's), and breaking through some major barriers with my noon-hour girl AND geocaching in Mexico.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being kind to myself
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My back is till causing much grief... and many people have asked me if I've been losing weight or if I'm sick???(MAybe I am losing weight but its not intentional and I'm NOT sick)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Family memories...Visiting Ted and Carole at their cabin in the summer, having the Leberg's visit, hanging out in Victoria for the Easter weekend, spending the Christmas with family in Fernie:)
12. Where did most of your money go?
Our mortgage, renovations, IGA(feeding our teenager), travel
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our trip to Mexico where we toured around in our rental car, off the beaten path, experiencing some 'authentic' Mexico...geocaching, winning 3rd place in the dragon boat regatta, and the delicious meal cooked by Bev, and delightful hot tub provided by Shannon and Darren, after the daring 12km snowshoe excursion in Fernie...AWESOME!
 14. What song will always remind you of this year?
 I LOVE my Mountain Equipment Co-op play list...every single song is AWESOME!
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
   a) happier or sadder? :(...as I think of how old my son is...how fast the time has gone and is going...the regrets; the 'shoulda, coulda, woulda's that can't be changed, etc.  
   b) thinner or fatter?thinner?
   c) richer or poorer?depends on the day(and the time of the month)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 laugh
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 beating my self up(no need for insults, I'm an expert), micro-managing the people in my life
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with Bill's mom; Turkey dinner, Christmas Eve Service, driving around and looking at lights...a lovely evening!  Christmas day... road trip to Fernie.(our Christmas day meal was a laugh)  New Years with Ted, Carole, Marco, and Noora(from Finland)...lots of fun, lots of laughs:)
19. Did you fall in love this year?
yup, with snowshoeing... with the LOVE of my life...
Bill...AMAZING!
20. What was your favorite TV program?
 Heartland, Ellen
21. What was the best book you read?
I read many books(can't remember the titles...I can never remember the titles:P) but no 'BEST' books pop out!   "Marley and Me" was pretty good.
22. What was your favorite film of this year?
 The Help...the book was better than the movie, in my opinion!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 on my birthday and I sadly do not remember how I spent it...maybe there is something wrong with me!?
24. What kept you sane?
Being outside; walking, geocaching, riding my bike, red wine, and chocolate and keeping my focus on the 'big picture' of life!
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ellen...OK, Kate and William...they both surprised me with their 'down-to earth' personalities on their tour. 
26. Who did you miss?
My friends Julie and Minnie...it was also very, very strange with the retired family members away!
27. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't just name 1...I met many wonderful ladies on the dragon boat,  Demaris moved to town in the summer, and then there is Stan and Margaret Rukin(new pastors).

 Giddy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment