Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring break





Spring break was a perfect opportunity for me to join my son on his week off and just chilax.(teen definition: chilling out-relaxing)  I took the week off from regular routine to purposefully connect with my son.  Shockingly, I didn't have to try very hard.  We didn't have to go far or spend much money.  I hope for more moments like these.  Something as simple as reading the book he loved...this is sparking up some easy conversation which most times, isn't so easy in our household.  Our mother/son date to the beach and for lunch proved to be a hit I picked up on through the peaceful silence we shared...most silence around here usually means he's gone out or he's up in his room, mad about something or perhaps mad about everything!  Allowing him to plan the Sunday afternoon adventure...turned out not as complicated or 'extreme' as I was dreading and the afternoon together was really, really nice.  All in all, the week was great and I think he enjoyed it as much as I did...Shh - I'm sure he'd never admit to this.

1 comment:

  1. I read to page 100 and put the book down...I found is thoroughly disturbing!

    ReplyDelete